A week on from the quiz, let’s find out how you got on!
1. Which composer nearly killed Alfie, according to the first line of his book? – Bizet, in the ENO production of the Pearl Fishers
2. What was the name of the Young Artists programme that Alfie was a part of at the Royal Opera House? – Vilar Programme
3. What breed of dog is Alfie’s dog, Guinness? – Golden Retriever
4. How many brothers and sisters does Alfie have and what are their names? – 8: Anne, John, Joseph, Michael, Pauline, Maria, Fran, Teresa (and I’m sure they’re not in the right order!)
5. On which drama soundtrack does Alfie perform two songs? – Downton Abbey, series 2
6. Alfie appeared on a couple of CD’s with The Clint Boon Experience. How was he credited? – Opera Dude
7. Which character did Alfie play in ENO’s Mikado? – Nanki Poo
8. What did Alfie sing for his first D’oyly Carte audition? – You Are My Heart’s Delight
9. Alfie played Rodolfo for ENO in 2009 and 2011; which two sopranos played Mimi? – Melody Miller and Elizabeth Llewellyn
10. On the same theme, who played Alfie’s Mimi in Baz Luhrman’s La Boheme? – Wei Huang
Love to know how you all got on – 10 out of 10 for everyone, surely? xx
By the way, have you all voted for Alfie Boe’s Best Ever Song yet?
thank you for reading
if you like what you see, why not subscribe?
you get sneak peeks of upcoming blogs, access to subscriber only posts and
4 Alfie photos straight into your inbox
8/10. Oh the shame! X
haha – what did you get wrong!!!
I got the last two wrong. Obviously not good on opera!
I just read that Alfie left Brilliant and is now living in the States. What happened???
Alfie has been living in the States for some time now, about a year I think (Utah, to be specific). We don’t know why Alfie and Brilliant have gone their separate ways as neither has spoken about it xx
thanks so much for your answer. I wonder if now he’ll begin a really serious US tour/career. He already has my vote….and my heart
Best wishes, Alfie