Happy New Year from thoughtsofjustafan – lots of exciting Alfie concerts to look forward to this year, the first one, Animal Requiem in just a few weeks.
In the traditional way, Christmas and New Year is the time when we look back at the previous year and I’m no different; luckily, it’s a delight to look back at Alfie Boe’s career in 2018 and choose my highlights. In no particular order, here we go!
- Alfie’s Homecoming concert at Fleetwood – an astonishing concert that will live on forever
- Fundraising over £2,500 for Trinity Hospice through our Youtubeathon and for Alfie’s birthday. I saw Alfie recently and he sent us this message:
- Speaking to and videoing so many lovely fans at the London album signing
- Chatting to a very relaxed Alfie in London, also at the signing, along with helpers (of the Three M’s), Linda and Cecelia
- Two nominations and two wins at the Classic BRIT Awards for Alfie and Michael
- As Time Goes By – love this album!
- Meeting and greeting with Alfie at Kenwood and getting him to sign a Trinity hoodie
- Exploring lots of new (to me) music – more about this to come in few weeks
- Alfie’s video message to celebrate thoughtsofjustafan’s 4th birthday
Thank you to everyone who reads thoughtsofjustafan – your messages of support are very much appreciated. Last year I reported that we had sailed past 250K hits…we’re now well over 300k!
As always, there are some special people to thank who make this whole thing happen:
Debbie Bannigan for believing in me and helping me go from strength to strength.
Carole Hunt for continuing to allow me the use of her photo for the site banner.
Linda Wellington for the use of her wonderful photos and videos. Thank you to everyone who allows me to use their videos here.
Roberta Kappus, Cecelia Powell, Claire Shorter and Annie Lloyd for being such wonderful guest reviewers.
Linda Anstee, Linda Wellington, Carole Hunt, Karen Rogers, Pat Watterson, Cecelia Powell, Sue Redfern for being there – thanks for keeping me sane with doughnuts.
Linda Anstee, Ellen Rook and Chris Coats for being my top social media sharers.
Cathy Haley, Sue Redfern and Cecelia Powell for being my top commenters.
Huge thanks to Andrea, Penny, Anis and Holly at Vector and to Ash and team at Decca – you’ve been amazing and a joy to work with.
Finally, it’s a massive thank you to Alfie for your unstinting support and generosity – without you, there would be no thoughtsofjustafan!
Have a very Happy New Year