If you’re reading this then you must be a fan of Alfie Boe, right? But how well do you know the man himself? Could he be your specialist subject on Mastermind? If you’ve been left shouting ‘Alfie Boe’ at the TV during Pointless when the contestants didn’t have a clue, perhaps this is the quiz for you.
There’s not a prize though, just the satisfaction of scoring ten out of ten. Good luck – answers next week.
- Which role will Alfie shortly take over on Broadway?
- Who did Alfie pick as his favourite Javert in an interview with thoughtsofjustafan last year?
- How many brothers and sisters does Alfie have and what are their names?
- What are the names of the two alternate Rodolfo’s in Baz Luhrman’s La Boheme?
- What is the name of Alfie’s management company?
- Name the support acts for Alfie’s three headline tours (Bring Him Home, Storyteller and Serenata).
- Alfie won Glyndebourne’s Christie prize – what was the role?
- In which opera house was Alfie’s last operatic role?
- And which opera was he performing in?
- What was the name of the new song that Alfie revealed at Leeds in 2015?
Answers revealed next week! In the meantime, don’t forget to tun into BBC Radio 2 on Monday 14 March at 10pm for Alfie’s Opera Heroes!
thanks for reading – please share
if you like what you see, why not subscribe?
all your Alfie news straight to your inbox
plus 4 exclusive photos
So You Think You Know Alfie Boe?
Yes, I think.
1 James Matthew Barrie (J. M. Barrie)
2 Norm Lewis at the 25th anniversary
3 3 brothers and 5 sister: (Joseph, John, Anne, Teresa, Pauline, Michael, Francis, Maria )
4 David Miller and Jesus Garcia
5 United Talent Agency
6 (I don’t know if I understand the question, but it was fun to remember this)
Bring Him Home Tour – Matt Lucas, Melanie C, Tom Fletcher , Claude-Michel Schönberg e Shakira Riddell-Morales.
Storyteller Tour: Emilia Mitiku
Serenata Tour – Sol3 Mio – Rick Wakeman (London)
7 Glyndebourne – Albert Herring.
8 English National Opera at the London Coliseum
9 The Mikado
10 ‘Against the Tide’