Merry Christmas everyone! It’s the time of year to look back at what’s happened and what’s been achieved and oh my goodness, if you thought 2016 was good for Alfie, then 2017 knocked it out of the park. What an awesome year he’s had!
Regular readers will know that I love to look back, so here are my 2017 highlights:
- Publishing a best selling book on How to Create A Fan Blog
- Alfie and Michael sing Wham!:
- Seeing Alfie in Carousel – wasn’t he fabulous as Billy Bigelow?
- A few stage door hugs with Alfie during the Carousel run:
- The Trinity YouTubeathon in which we raised over £500 for one of Alfie’s charities
- Alfie and Michael achieving a world record at HMV in October and meeting some fabulous fans too – click here to see the fan videos we made
- Seeing so many fans in Australia and USA happy to see Alfie and Michael
- Together Again reaching the number one chart position upon release – and now going Platinum!
- Attending the ITV special, Ball and Boe: Back Together
- Interviewing Alfie – if you haven’t yet seen part one, make sure you’re subscribed!
Thank you to each and everyone one of you who reads thoughtsofjustafan – your messages of support are very much appreciated. I’m thrilled to reveal that we recently sailed past the 250K hits…I’m looking forward to half a million!
There are some special people to thank who make this whole thing happen:
Debbie Bannigan for continuing to believe in me and more importantly, to show me how far I’ve come and how far I can still go. In the words of Michael Ball on this tour, “dream big and follow your dreams”; Debbie has shown me what can happen when you believe in yourself.
Carole Hunt for continuing to allow me the use of her photo for the site banner.
Linda Wellington for the use of her wonderful photos and videos.
Thank you to everyone who allows me to use their videos here.
Roberta Kappus, Cecelia Powell, Carole Hunt, Barbara Wren, Heather Crosskey, Heather Moore, Pauline Hyland, Claire Shorter, Kate Griffin for being such wonderful guest reviewers.
Linda Anstee, Linda Wellington, Carole Hunt, Karen Rogers, Pat Watterson, Cecelia Powell, Sue Redfern for being there – thanks for keeping me sane.
Linda Anstee, Ellen Rook and Rachael Hailey for being my top social media sharers.
Linda McCann, Sue Redfern and Cecelia Powell for being my top commenters.
Huge thanks to Emily and Andrea at Vector and to Ash and team at Decca – you’ve been amazing and a joy to work with.
Finally, it’s a massive thank you to Alfie for his unstinting support and generosity – without you, there would be no thoughtsofjustafan!
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year